Schaffhausen, Switzerland / July 30, 2014/ Business Wire -- Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN – News) today announced results for the quarter ended June 28, 2014.
Garmin Ltd. announced results for the fiscal quarter ending June 28, 2014.
Total revenue of $778 million in 2nd quarter 2014 with fitness and aviation delivering significant growth of 79 percent and 11 percent, respectively.
Additionally, we had gross and operating profit margin improvement from the prior year quarter to 57 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Specifically:
- Fitness segment revenue increased 79 percent for the quarter
- Aviation segment increased 11 percent for the quarter
- Outdoor segment revenue decreased 1 percent for the quarter
- Marine segment revenue increased 1 percent for the quarter
- Automotive/mobile segment revenue increased 2 percent for the quarter