Deciding to take a fishing trip is an exciting time! After you’ve decided to go, typically the first thing you do is select a date, location and whom you are taking on the trip. Past that, the real work begins: packing.
The one thing you will always need on your boat is your Garmin combo unit to help you navigate on the lake and under the water. Outside of being equipped with your Garmin unit, we’ve assembled a list of essential items you’ll want to pack. This does not include the items you will need in your tackle box to go fishing but rather the basic things you need to survive while out on the water. These may seem obvious, but trust us; you won’t want to forget any of these items.
- Sunglasses and hat
- Sunscreen and lip balm with SPF
- Insect repellant
- First aid kit
- Basic meds such as a pain reliever and something for motion sickness
- Clothing made for being on the water
- Bottled water and non-perishable food
- Plastic bags or water bags
- Solar-powered electronic charger for phone
While we know that your packing list could be much longer, this checklist should have you taken care of for the essentials on the water.
Have a great trip!