GTN 6XX/7XX Main Software Version 6.11 contains the following changes from Version 5.13:
- Added support for custom holding patterns. Holds can be created over an existing fix in the navigation databases (or over a user-defined waypoint) and inserted into a flight plan or with direct-to navigation.
- Added Search and Rescue patterns (requires enablement).
- Added controls to animate precipitation from several weather sources, including:
Flight Information Service-Broadcast (FIS-B) Regional and CONUS radar imagery from the GDL 88 ADS-B datalink or GTX 345 transponder
SiriusXM US and Canada NEXRAD radar information received from the GDL 69 SXM receiver
Precipitation imagery received from the GSR 56 Iridium datalink transceiver
- Updated ownship icon options.
- Added display of fuel range rings that show aircraft range until operating on reserve fuel (based on pilot configurable reserve time) and total endurance. Fuel range rings require a fuel data input into the GTN.
- Added support for the time to top-of-descent user field based on the VCALC utility.
- Added additional Metric and Imperial unit display options.
- Updated VCALC page to increase input range for the offset distance and change the default altitude type from MSL to Above WPT.
- Added ability to load a secondary approach while flying the missed approach hold for a prior approach.
- Changed the trajectories between leg transitions to define the navigation path to include the curved trajectory between legs, and CDI guidance along the trajectory and depiction of the curved path on the moving map.
- Changed the map so that it shows previous flight plan waypoints.
- Changed CDI guidance to be provided during the transition from a VI leg to a CF leg.
- Added LP +V to provide advisory vertical guidance on LP approaches.
- Added support to fly Instrument Approach Procedures (IAPs) with radius-to-fix (RF) leg types.
- Added additional range marking to the 2.5 NM range and 5 NM ranges for the weather radar display.
- Added support for lighting offset adjustment when configured for lighting bus backlight input.
- Added support for control of GMA 35c Bluetooth audio and pairing.
- Added support for GWX 70R with the mechanically limited 90 degree sweep size.
- Added GTN COM/NAV radio control from G3X™ Touch display.
The following service documents have been resolved:
- Service Advisory 1479: GTN 6XX/7XX Catalog Flight Plan Menu Preview
- Service Advisory 1503: GTN 6XX/7XX Checklist Page User Field
- Service Advisory 1540: GTN 7XX Units with Main Software Version 5.11 or 5.13 and FliteCharts Updates
- Service Advisory 1574: GTN 6XX/7XX User-Defined Waypoints
GTN 625, GTN 635, GTN 650, GTN 725, GTN 750