OLATHE, Kan./October 29, 2012/Business Wire — Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, announced today that Cessna Aircraft Company has selected the Garmin G5000 integrated avionics system for the new Citation Sovereign unveiled today at the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) convention in Orlando, Fla.
“The selection of the G5000 for one of the industry’s most popular business jets is a testament to the performance and capability of Garmin avionics and demonstrates Cessna’s commitment to providing its customers with the most advanced and forward-thinking technology,” said Carl Wolf, Garmin’s vice president of aviation sales and marketing.
The G5000 system includes a multitude of situational awareness and safety of flight features:
• SVT, which presents a 3D depiction of terrain, obstacles, traffic and the runway environment on the high resolution primary flight displays
• Dual integrated FMS supporting RNP, LPV, TOLD, and Performance data
• Dual Flight Director and dual channel, fail-passive Autopilot System with full integration to FMS and Autothrottles
• Solid state weather radar, featuring turbulence detection and ground clutter suppression
• Integrated Electronic Checklists
• Electronic documents, manuals and Charts linked to FMS
• Active and passive traffic surveillance functionality using advanced TCAS II/ACAS II technology and featuring patented Garmin ADS-B target correlation and tracking for industry-leading traffic management and airspace monitoring
• Advanced audio capabilities including 3D Audio
• Optional Iridium transceiver providing worldwide weather datalink in addition to voice communications and text messaging
• Optional SiriusXM Satellite Weather for U.S. and Canada provides a variety of weather data such as NEXRAD, METAR, lightning, winds aloft, echo tops and more
• Compliant with ADS-B, FANS 1/A and CPDLC requirements
With this announcement, Garmin integrated flight decks are on 11 different Cessna aircraft models, including the Stationair, Skylane, Skyhawk, Corvalis TTx, Caravan, Citation Mustang, Citation M2, Citation TEN, Citation Latitude, Citation Longitude and Citation Sovereign.
Garmin’s aviation business segment is a leading provider of solutions to OEM, aftermarket, military and government customers. Garmin’s portfolio includes navigation, communication, flight control, hazard avoidance, surveillance, and other products and services that are known for innovation, reliability, and value.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications – most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin’s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin is a registered trademark and G5000 and SVT are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.