What is 550 paracord? Paracord is a
lightweight nylon rope that is both rugged and functional, and the 550 stands
for a breaking strength of 550 pounds—which means that this cord can withstand
up to 550 pounds without breaking.
What are some of the uses for Paracord?
- Tie up a tarp or poncho to make an overhang that keeps you dry.
- Lower yourself or an object down from a cliff or high ledge.
- Hang a bear bag to keep your food away from critters at your campsite.
- Create a pulley system to lift a heavy object.
- Use the paracord to make a bolo for hunting small game.
“Our name says it all. ‘Rugged Apparel.’ Our products are rugged and extremely practical. The fēnix fitsthis standard as well,” said Nick Mertz, president of Rugged Apparel. “Users of the fēnix are outdoor enthusiasts, and could be using the watch in extreme backcountry territory. Knowing that the fēnix is paired with some handy 550 paracord in case of an emergency is an added bonus.”
You can order your fēnix bundle with custom band through the Rugged Apparel website. First, you will be able to select your wrist size (which range from 5”-10” so there’s a size for everyone), and then choose up to two colors for the band. With the 48 color options, that means there are over 2,300 possible color combinations! You will also get the original rubber fēnix watchband in your customized bundle. Click here to get your customized fēnix bundle!