The cold weather that accompanies this time of year is a constant reminder that snow is on the way here in Kansas. When I was younger, my face was virtually glued to The Weather Channel beginning in October, anxiously awaiting the first Winter Storm Warning that was predicted to dump 6+ inches of snow, securing a school cancellation the next day.
Lately, our GTN owners and operators out there have been anxiously awaiting the first “snow” in the form of a software update for the GTN and we are very excited to finally offer the first update, which includes many customer-requested features!
So what’s new for GTN software version 3.0?
- Worldwide weather, voice and text capability via the GSR 56
- Ability to display ADS-B traffic and weather with the GDL 88
- Display support for Garmin's GWX 68 and GWX 70 weather radar
- GTN to GNS crossfill (with GNS 5.0 software, expected in Q1 2013)
- Geo-referenced FliteCharts on the GTN 750
- The ability to graphically edit direct-to legs
- The ability to geographically sort Victor airway exit points
- Airspace dimensions are more defined, and include the Smart Airspace feature
- Improved European airspace display
As opposed to a school cancellation and a foot of snow, I hope these latest features secure a visit to your local avionics shop or Garmin authorized dealer so you may upgrade your GTN to software version 3.0 and take advantage of these new and exciting features the GTN series has to offer!