I ENJOY life, and make sure I do all the things I don't necessarily do when training hard and racing. Ok, just so you know, I pretty much make sure I have fun all year round and always enjoy life. Even when things get tough, I always try to find the positive. It's the way I was made. I can't help it. For those that know me, know that I love to live life to the fullest. There is never a dull moment. So all the off-season does is elevate the things I already try and do all year long.
Highlights: I started the off-season with a bang by going to Kona and watching the Ironman World Championships not to mention witnessing one of my best friends Leanda Cave win. Hanging with my friends and sponsors there and just having an amazing time.
I also just recently had a blast in San Francisco at the Clif Bar Athlete Summit.
These 10 things come to mind when I think of the Off-Season:
1) Sleeping in whenever I can or just sleeping and napping in general. I love my naps!! (I must be getting old) haha
(with that being said... #3 definitely takes over)
3) Eating way more than I should! :)
4) I focus on getting strong by taking care of my body with a focus on core strength, getting A.R.T (Active Release Techniques), and letting my body recover, rejuvenate, and restore itself so that when I start training hard again I can come in injury free and on top of the game!! KEY- Listen to my body and actually not ignore it like I do sometimes when I am training and racing.
5) I make sure I am having fun in whatever I am doing. Laughter is so so important to me. Believe it or not planning out the next year is kinda fun but stressful... so I try to take it one step at a time and slowly it comes together and I feel confident with the new year quickly approaching that whatever happens is meant to be.
6) Getting all my sponsors and year together so that I can be the best athlete & ambassador I can be.
7) Well with this time of the year there is so much festiveness... & I love to just soak it in... Thanksgiving, & Christmas holidays etc etc... I seriously sometimes just sit still and give THANKS for all I have and this life I feel so blessed to be living. I never want to take anything for granted.
8) Organize. Organize. Organize.
9) Guess it's time to start Christmas shopping. Ughhhhh.
10) Friends Family & FUN... ok this was already said but I always love this time of year.... I'm so relaxed and able to just enjoy life!! :) This includes going on fun bike rides and trail runs with no desire to go fast or hard but just enjoy!!!!
With that being said... time to head out and catch up with some friends!!
Til next time! :)
Looking forward to 2013!!!