Garmin Pilot version 2.1 for Android is now available for download in Google Play! This release includes stability and performance enhancements and improvements, including better display support for 7" tablets, like the Google Nexus 7. This is a free update for current subscribers, and we recommend that all users download the update. For those who have yet to try the app, take advantage of the free 30 day trial to test out these new features!Other enhancements with this update include:
- A revised download screen to show more details in the download queue, offer Download All and Update All options and allow the user to view stoarge capacity.
- The addition of many new data types to the Weather Map layer. Users can select the desired data type using the button in the lower right of the map.
- Higher zoom levels on all maps.
- The user's GPS position is now represented by a blue dot that changes to an airplane when moving.
- The addition of an External GPS settings screen, which is used to connect directly to external GPS devices, like the Garmin GLO. This simplifies connection management, and with this change the third party Bluetooth GPS application is no longer required.