As 2011 comes to a close, we’re reflecting back on all of the excitement of this past year in Garmin aviation. We introduced some exciting new products including the GTN series touchscreen avionics and the G2000 integrated flight deck. We brought innovative, new technologies to the cockpit including 3D Audio technology and Telligence Voice Control. The introduction of the aera 796 wowed pilots as Garmin’s most capable portable aviation GPS yet. And we brought you our first integrated flight deck for helicopters, the G1000H. Garmin’s aviation product support team took first place honors in the annual avionics product support survey, and we’ve added some awesome new features to Pilot My-Cast including georeferenced charts, navigation and XM weather integration.
Now, as we prepare to ring in the new year, we are bursting with excitement for what’s to come in 2012. One of our first bits of news for the coming year is that Garmin is introducing on-site GTN 650 and 750 training at the Garmin Headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. During these 2-day training sessions, participants will have the opportunity to get hands-on access to the GTN series with a Garmin product trainer by your side to teach you about the features and how to operate them. You’ll learn how to:
• Create and edit flight plans, both graphically and within the flight plan page
• Load and activate departure, arrival and approach procedures
• Access hazard avoidance data such as TAWS, XM Weather, and Traffic
• Utilize trip calculators to better plan for deviations and fuel requirements
• Understand missed approach operation with the addition of newly supported leg types
• Master the ability to adjust map settings in order to display useful information such as airspace
• View airport and waypoint information
• Navigate to the nearest airport, intersection, VOR, etc.
• Select and view electronic copies of terminal charts such as departures, arrivals and approach procedures
Mark your calendar for one of the four available dates throughout the year: March 9-10, June 15-16, August 24-25 and December 7-8. Space is limited, so be sure to contact us soon to make your reservation. For more information or to enroll, call 866-739-5687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're looking forward to meeting you here in 2012, and from the Garmin family to yours, Happy New Year!