Currently, when you create your Garmin Connect account, the default setting for activity uploads is public. That means you’re able to share links to your activities with anyone (even if they’re not a Garmin Connect subscriber) and your activities show up in searches when someone uses the Garmin Connect Explore feature to search by keyword.
If you don’t want your Garmin Connect activities viewed publicly, here's how to change your default privacy setting to “private”:
1. Click the Settings link located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen (next to Help and Sign Out).
2. Select Default Privacy
3. Select Private.
This change will only affect future activity uploads. Once an activity is marked as private, you won’t be able to share it with others unless you change it back to public on that activity.
To change past activities to private:
1. Choose the Activities tab at the top of the page.
2. Locate the activity or activities you would like to change.
3. Choose Quick Edit at the top of the page
4. Click on the open padlock next to the activities you would like to be private.
5. When the padlock is closed, your activity is now private.
6. Once complete, choose Finish at the top of the page.